Several Remembrance Day ceremonies planned for Burlington
Published November 10, 2023 at 3:45 pm
There will be several opportunities to pay your respects and honour fallen Canadian soldiers during Remembrance Day ceremonies in Burlington tomorrow (Nov. 11)
Events will culminate in a solemn service at City Hall which will be live-streamed.
Burl-Oak Naval Veterans Remembrance Day Service, 9 a.m.
This 30-minute ceremony takes place at the Naval Ships Memorial Monument in Spencer Smith Park. For more information, contact the Burl-Oak Veterans at 905-318-0236 or visit burloaknavalveterans.org.
Remembrance Day Procession, 10:30 a.m.
The procession will be led by armoured personnel carriers and will begin at Central School on Baldwin St., travelling down Brant St. to Elgin St., Locust St., Ontario St. and ending at the Cenotaph in Veteran Square, 426 Brant St.
The streets noted will be closed from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 60, Remembrance Day Service, 11 a.m.
This 45-60-minute ceremony will be held at the Cenotaph in Veteran Square, on the north side of City Hall and will be live-streamed for those who cannot physically attend.
The ceremony will include a colour guard, two minutes of silence, music performed by some members of the Burlington Teen Tour Band, reading of In Flanders Fields along with the laying of the wreaths.
For more information or to access the live-stream link, please visit Royal Canadian Legion Branch 60 website burlingtonlegion.com.
- Brant St. between Baldwin St. and Pine St. Detour on Victoria Ave.
- Ontario St. between Locust St. and Brant St.
- Locust St. between Elgin St. and Ontario St.
- Baldwin St. between Hurd Ave. and Brant St.
- Elgin St. between Locust St. and Brant St.
- Residents and businesses along the route can exit using John St., Locust St. or Blathwayte Lane.
- Emergency Services access will be maintained at all times along the route.
- Parking will not be available on Brant St. between Baldwin St. and Pine St. between 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Please do not park in restricted areas.
- Waterfront Parking Garage (414 Locust St.) will remain open with 339 parking spots available.