Several roads will be closed Sunday for Burlington marathon
Traffic will be affected in Burlington on Sunday (March 5) for the Chilly Half Marathon.
Several roads will be closed and detours around the area will be set up.
- 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Brant St. from Maria St. to Elgin St.
- Ontario St. from Brant St. to Locust St., and James St. from John St. to Brant St.
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Lakeshore Rd. from Brant St. to Maple Ave.
- 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Brant St., Lakeshore Rd. to Elgin St. (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust St.).
- 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lakeshore Rd. from Brant St. to Burloak Dr. Burloak Dr. from Lakeshore Rd. to Spruce Ave. for turnaround (access to Old Lakeshore Rd. from the west maintained with delays).
- There will be a soft road closure on Lakeshore Rd. at Great Lakes Blvd. , traffic travelling west on Lakeshore Rd. towards Burloak Dr. will be diverted north onto Great Lakes Blvd.
- 9:55 to 10:45 a.m. The streets along the route west of Brant St. will experience intermittent road closures.
Residents on Lakeshore Rd. or on side streets impacted by the road closure have the following options:
- Residents on the north side of Lakeshore Rd. are able to use the westbound lane, but expect delays.
- Residents on the south side of Lakeshore Rd. will have restricted access and are encouraged to make alternate arrangements.
- If your residence is within the road closure and you have to access your vehicle during the race, please park on side streets north of Lakeshore Rd.
- In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Police will be at major intersections and traffic islands. Event marshals will be available at minor intersections and major multi-resident driveways to inform drivers of event details and road closures. Race notices were delivered to all residents, religious centres and businesses along the race route.
The race starts at 10:05 a.m. in front of City Hall on Brant St. and travels north to Baldwin St., west on Baldwin St., south on Hurd Ave., east on Blenheim St., south on Locust St., east on Elgin St., south on Brant St., west on Lakeshore Rd., turnaround at Maple Ave., east on Lakeshore Rd. to Burloak Dr., north on Burloak Dr., turnaround at Spruce Ave., west on Lakeshore Rd., North on Brant St. to Finish.