Several transit companies providing free service tonight
Those who plan on drinking tonight will be spoiled for choices when it comes to getting home safely.
In addition to a local law firm offering reimbursement for taxi and ride-sharing fees for residents of the GTA, transit in several cities is free tonight in order to encourage people not to drink and drive.
Those planning on partying in Toronto will be relieved to learn the TTC will be free starting after 7 p.m. tonight and lasting until 7 a.m. on January 1.
Additionally, similar to last year, GO Transit will be offering free rides starting after 7 p.m. as well. The full New Year’s Eve GO schedule is available here.
Finally, Oakville Transit will also be providing free transit after 7 p.m. as well as extended service tonight.
Further, from December 31 until January 1, Milton will be allowing overnight street parking without the need for drivers to register for a parking exception, and the Town will not be issuing parking tickets tonight.
Cover photo courtesy of Oakville Transit’s Twitter
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- Suspects arrested after carjacking attempts in Oakville and Milton
- Traffic stop leads to assault with weapon charge in Oakville
- What's open and closed Canada Day in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton