Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
Conditions are favourable today (Saturday, May 25) for the development of severe thunderstorms and flooding.
“Thunderstorms are expected to redevelop this afternoon across most of Southern Ontario,” says a statement from Environment Canada. “The main threats associated with these storms will be strong wind gusts and hail. Some localized flooding is also possible.”
A total of 20 to 40 mm of rain is forecasted.
Residents may want to stay indoors for their safety, as strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees, and overturn large vehicles.
Additionally, heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
“The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches,” the statement reads.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek