Severe Thunderstorm Watch Now in Effect for Halton
A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for the Halton Region, according to Environment Canada.
Environment Canada says that conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. These storms may produce strong wind gusts, large hail, and heavy rain.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles,” Environment Canada says. “Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If you hear thunder, then lightning is close enough to be dangerous.”
Thunderstorms are possible, according to Environment Canada, late this morning (July 11) and afternoon.
“These thunderstorms may be capable of producing very strong wind gusts of 100 km/h, heavy downpours and hail,” notes Environment Canada.
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Burlington Resident Rich After Winning Massive Lotto Prize
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Road Closed Due to Fuel Spill in Oakville
- Popular Internet Company Launches New TV Service Across Ontario