Severe Weather Warning in Effect This Afternoon for Halton
If the blistering heat wasn’t enough, here’s one more reason you may want to stay indoors today.
According to a weather warning from Environment Canada, conditions this afternoon are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms across southern Ontario.
Due to the high heat and humidity, EC believes a few of these thunderstorms could result in intense torrential downpours. The thunderstorms are also expected to be slow moving, meaning some locations could receive anywhere between 25 and 50 mm of rain in a short period of time.
Strong wind gusts up to 90 km/h will also be a concern, the warning states.
Residents are advised to take cover when stormy weather approaches, as heavy rainfall and fast-moving waters can quickly cause floods and even sweep vehicles away.
Environment Canada will continue to monitor the weather and issue further statements as necessary.
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Multiple Collisions in Burlington Causing Major Backups
- Police Investigation Prompts Road Closures, Evacuations in Oakville
- Some Tenants Will Be Paying Higher Rent in Halton
- UPDATE: Investigation Causing Major Road Closures in Oakville