Severe Weather Watch Currently in Effect for Halton
We hope you have an umbrella handy!
Environment Canada recently said a severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for the Halton-Peel area (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington).
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
“A line of thunderstorms will continue to move eastward this afternoon,” the watch reads.
“There are currently a few storms extending from Sarnia to Waterloo and will move through Toronto and Hamilton from 3 to 5 pm.”
Environment Canada says wind gusts of up to 90 kilometres per hour and 50 mm of rainfall are possible. Fortunately, westerly winds will end the threat of severe weather this evening.
The weather agency is reminding people that heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning is also dangerous, so residents are encouraged to seek shelter in the event of a major storm.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville