Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
Sheridan College has been in the news quite a lot recently. Earlier this year, Sheridan was ranked as one of the top five research colleges in Canada for 2018, a number of graduates were nominated for Oscars, and a Sheridan graduate actually did win an Oscar!
Now, Sheridan has been ranked as the top animation school in the world, according to the Animation Career Review's 2019 rankings of the top international animation colleges in the world.
This list does not include the United States.
Regardless, this recognition is something the college is incredibly proud of.
"We're incredibly proud of this noteworthy recognition as a world-leading destination for animation education," Dr. Janet Morrison, President and Vice Chancellor of Sheridan said in a statement. "Since 1968 when Sheridan held its first animation class, we've established our position at the forefront of teaching art in motion."
The animation program at Sheridan, according to a press release from the college, emphasizes classical principles of animation in a variety of forms, such as 2D digital, 3D, and stop motion.
"At Sheridan's Trafalgar Campus located in Oakville, Ont., students learn the art of storyboarding from industry professionals and hone life drawing, layout, and digital painting skills," reads the release.
The college recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of its animation program, which includes a Bachelor of Animation, in addition to post-graduate certificates in computer animation, visual effects, and digital creature animation.
More than 160 institutions outside the U.S. were considered for the Animation Career Review 2019 rankings. Animation Career Review assessed academic reputation, admission selectivity, depth and breadth of program, and value as it relates to tuition and indebtedness.
Sheridan has campuses in Mississauga, Brampton, and Oakville.
- Struggling retailer closes its doors in Burlington
- Winning Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Burlington
- 14-year-old facing 25 charges related to Halton robberies
- Police arrest four after 52 catalytic converters thefts in Burlington
- Arrests made after several purses stolen from "older women" in Burlington, Oakville
- Sheridan College awarded grant to further work in animation
- Sheridan College Graduates are up for Oscars This Year
- Sheridan College alumnus nominated for Academy Award
- Sheridan College Makes it Onto This Exciting List
- Several Sheridan College alumni nominated for awards at 2020 Canadian Screen Awards