Shocking Results Revealed After Burlington Car Seat Inspection Clinic
A recent Car Seat Inspection Clinic resulted in some surprising numbers.
A Halton Police press released that came out yesterday (Sept. 26) revealed that on Sept. 15 members of the Halton Partners for Car Seat Safety conducted the Car Seat Inspection Clinic at the Wellspring Church on New St. in Burlington.
During the clinic, police officers engaged with all drivers performing cursory checks of car seats and identifying those requiring further inspection.
These inspections are conducted by officers under the authority of the Highway Traffic.
Police conducted 90 inspections.
The following results came from the clinic.
There was a total of 24 booster seat inspections, with 11 fails, and an overall failure rate of 46 per cent.
There was a total of 66 car seat inspections, with 33 fails, and an overall failure rate of 50 per cent.
Some other observations from the clinic included children showing up in a booster when they should still be in a 5-point harness, untethered or loosely tethered forward-facing car seats were identified, and a number of boosters were inspected where it was determined that parents had not installed supplied screws in the armrests.
The Halton Partners for Car Seat Safety advises parents and guardians to read and follow all manufacturers' instructions when installing a car seat.
For car seat resources in your area, dial 311 for information.
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- Majority of Drivers Failed Car Seat Check Again, Say Halton Police
- Oakville Car Seat Fail Has Halton Police Concerned
- Ford Recalls Over 300,000 Vehicles Due to Seat Belt-Related Fires
- Dirty Dental Tools May Have Infected Patients at Burlington Clinic
- UPDATED: Dirty Tools May Have Infected Patients at Burlington Clinic