Shoppers Drug Mart to introduce special shopping hour for seniors
The COVID-19 outbreak has led to an abundance of panic-buying, and many people have voiced concerns that Canada's most vulnerable residents—seniors, the immunocompromised and those with disabilities—will be unable to get enough food and medicine.
Fortunately for those who want to ensure they get what they need and not be exposed to crowds, Shoppers Drug Mart is dedicating the first opening hour of shopping to customers who need assistance or consideration, including seniors and people living with disabilities.
Shoppers made the announcement on social media on March 16.
The change comes into effect this week.
Customers are asked to call their local store to confirm its operating hours.
Shoppers says it will also offer the 20 per cent Seniors Day discount on regular priced items for the first hour each day every day, in addition to Seniors Days each Thursday.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Oakville firefighter tests positive for COVID-19
- Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart reducing store hours in response to COVID-19
- Shoppers Drug Mart is Now Providing Same-Day Delivery Across Ontario
- A New Shoppers Drug Mart is Set to Open at the Upper Oakville Shopping Centre
- Shoppers Drug Mart About to Start Offering These Minor Surgical Procedures in Oakville
- Shoppers Drug Mart Launches Interesting New Online Program in Halton