Shots Reportedly Fired in Georgetown Home
Police are on scene responding to reports that shots were fired in Georgetown.
Shortly after 4:30 p.m., Halton police said that officers are responding to reports of shots being fired at a residence on Garrison Sq. in Georgetown.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
Police say residents should expect ongoing heavy police presence. People are asked to avoid this area.
The suspect is outstanding at this time, police say.
Police say the suspect fled the scene in a compact white vehicle; direction of travel is not known.
The suspect described as a male who is about 5’9.” He was last seen wearing a dark hoodie with what might be a darker coloured jacket. Police say he was seen with a black handgun.
Police are warning anyone who sees the suspect to avoid approaching him and call 9-1-1.
There is no known, ongoing related threat to public safety at this time.
Suspect vehicle observed leaving the scene described as a white or silver, newer model Honda Accord or Hyundai.
The investigation continues at this hour.
Anyone with information related to the incident is asked to call 905-825-4747 ext. 2410.
Updates to follow
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 703 total cases found in Halton
- Ontario says more heath providers can reopen including dentists, optometrists
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Rainfall advisory issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks