Should Burlington's Sound of Music Festival Add An Extra Paid Event?
If you’re a devout Sound of Music Festival attendee, you’ll probably want to weigh in on this.
A survey is being taken to collect feedback on the possibility of adding another day to the already existing paid event.
The festival has had a paid event since 2015 to support performances on the Father’s Day weekend and “help ensure a quality festival for years to come,” according to the city.
In 2017, a second event was added to help celebrate Canada 150 which organizers describe as “very” well-attended.
The regular festival will still be free.
“With the success of last year’s additional day on Sunday, June 11 in honour of Canada 150 and the growing popularity of the ticketed Kick-off Concert, we’re hoping to have the Kick-off event for Sound of Music Festival 2018 running for two days instead of one, making it a full weekend experience,” said Sound of Music Festival executive director Dave Miller.
“Proceeds will support overall costs of the event including stages, security and great musical talent.”
The proposed second paid date is scheduled for Sunday, June 10, 2018 from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Is there community support for the second event?
Tell the city.
“We would like to know if there is community support and appetite for this sort of event and encourage all residents and people of surrounding area to provide their input into this short, one-question survey,” said the city’s supervisor of festivals and events Sandra Maxwell.
The survey can be found at here until Dec. 14.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Everything You Need to Know About The Sound of Music Festival in Burlington This Year
- Popular Music Festival Kicks Off in Burlington This Weekend
- Which Burlington Band is Taking Top Spot at Sound of Music on Sunday?
- Burlington's Biggest Festival Kicks Off Summer
- This Massive Music Festival is Back in Burlington