Should Halton Do Business With China?
Local companies can learn about doing business with China at a forum being held this month.
The Town of Oakville, Town of Halton Hills, Halton Region and the Oakville Chinese Business Association are hosting a forum for local companies to explore the how, why and benefits of doing business with China.
Keynote speakers include He Wei, Chinese Consul General and Senator Victor Oh.
There will also be discussion panels focusing on the experiences of local companies already working with China, financial and banking insight and an introduction to government agencies that can create a smoother path to doing business with China.
The breakdown of planned discussion panels is as follows.
The Company Experience: Local companies walk you through their experiences working with China
The Professionals: Intellectual property, financial and banking insight about conducting business with China
Government Organizations: Introduction to government agencies that can create a smoother path to doing business with China
Oakville Mayor Rob Burton and Halton Hills Mayor Rick Bonnette will share their experiences on trade missions.
The event is taking place on Friday, Nov. 17 at Piper’s Heath Golf Club.
Tickets are $30 and lunch is included. The forum runs from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Halton Hills passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Halton Hills taking steps to assist local businesses
- Plane to help Canadians leave China awaits Chinese approval: official
- Could Significantly More Jobs Be Coming to Halton?
- Want Canadians to support your local business? You better have a website: report
- Don’t criticize China’s treatment of Hong Kong, Beijing warns Canada