Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Halton
It’s been a snowy, icy past few days, and it looks like this week will be starting off with more of the same.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Halton, stating the possibility of a significant amount of snow on Monday.
Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into the evening, the statement reads.
Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.
“Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow,” the report says.
“There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning.”
Environment Canada is continuing to monitor the weather system causing the snow, and may issue a snowfall warning as the system approaches.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville