Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Halton
It's been a snowy, icy past few days, and it looks like this week will be starting off with more of the same.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Halton, stating the possibility of a significant amount of snow on Monday.
Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into the evening, the statement reads.
Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.
"Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow," the report says.
"There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning."
Environment Canada is continuing to monitor the weather system causing the snow, and may issue a snowfall warning as the system approaches.
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Halton police make arrest in Grill Daddy restaurant robbery
- Highway lane blocked due to collision in Burlington