SIU Probes Arrest in Burlington Parking Lot
The province's Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate after a 52-year-old woman was arrested - and allegedly injured - by Halton police in the Burlington Mall parking lot.
“She was treated and released” from hospital, said SIU spokesperson Jason Gennaro.
Officers in plainclothes located the woman in the mall parking lot and she allegedly suffered a serious injury during the incident in front of Canadian Tire on Sept. 14 around 2 p.m.
Gennaro says he isn’t commenting on the woman’s condition since it could prejudice the case.
“We want witnesses to be able to tell us what they saw,” said Gennaro.
The SIU has designated one subject officer and four witness officers as part of this investigation.
“Not all of the police officers designated were officers in plainclothes,” said Gennaro.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to phone the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone with video evidence related to this incident is asked to upload footage.
The SIU is an arm's length agency which investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton