Six-Storey Apartment Building Proposed for Milton
Wellings Planning Consultants Inc., is proposing to construct a six-storey condominium apartment building in the town of Milton.
The exact address for this proposed development is 710 Bronte St. S., which is located on the southwest corner of Bronte Street South and Derry Road West and is currently vacant. If approved, the six-storey apartment building would consist of 132 units, 33 at-grade visitor parking spaces, and 176 underground resident parking spaces.
According to a council report, the proposed development is consistent with provincial policy since it represents growth on lands where full municipal servicing is available.
“The proposed development provides for an additional dwelling type which will accommodate the needs of citizens and families in Milton, in the form of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom units, within close proximity to retail and commercial amenities, the Milton Hospital, schools, parks, and Milton Transit,” reads the report.
It was also noted in the report that planning staff believes the proposed development conforms to provincial, regional, and local planning policy. The proposed development, according to the report, would allow for development that is well-suited to the built environment of surrounding land uses.
As a result, staff is recommending for the application to be approved.
However, a statutory public meeting was held back in January of 2018 regarding this proposed development. During this meeting, members of the public voiced some concerns surrounding access to the subject lands from Derry Road and/or Bronte Street South, on-site parking (not enough), snow removal, traffic, shadow impacts, and property value.
This application has not been approved nor rejected yet?
Would you like to see this apartment building in Milton?
Graphic is courtesy of the town of Milton’s council report.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Huge Residential Development Proposed for Milton
- Residents Can Weigh in on Huge Residential Development Proposed for Milton
- City Likely to Reject Proposed Condo Development in Burlington
- Residents Can Have Their Say on This Proposed Burlington Development
- Two High-Rise Residential Towers Proposed for Milton