Smoke and flames bring quick response from Burlington firefighters


Published February 20, 2024 at 1:29 pm

fire Burlington house home

A fire at a Burlington home undergoing renovations has caused $100,000 in damage.

According to reports, the Burlington Fire Department rushed to Pomona Avenue around 6 p.m. on Feb. 18 when calls came in reporting that smoke and flames could be seen coming from the house.

More than 20 firefighters attended the scene and it took about two hours to get the fire under control.

There were no injuries reported as no one was in the structure at the time because of the renovation work.

It is believed that the cause of the fire was electrical failure and started in a utility room.

Although not getting into specifics, the fire department immediately issued a safety warning about overloading household circuits, especially with heavy appliances. Instead, the department recommends adding more household outlets.







inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising