Snowbirds Are Saluting Halton Hills for Canada 150
The Canadian Snowbirds are making an historic, special salute to Halton Hills - also known as Canada's Most Patriotic Town - on Thursday afternoon.
The honour comes after tallying a final flag count of 57,073 during the Most Patriotic Town Challenge -- that’s when Canadian flags were everywhere for Canada 150 celebrations.
The flyover is taking place on Aug. 31 at 1:45 p.m.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to gather at one of six Celebration Points at 1:15 p.m.
Prospect Park (Centre of the field)
Downtown Acton (United Church Cenotaph parking lot)
Limehouse (Limehouse School parking lot)
Downtown Georgetown (Parking lot beside Yongs by Iron Tree)
Dominion Gardens Park (Flag pole/splash pad)
Mold-Masters SportsPlex (Flag pole)
Remember to wear red and white, wave your flags, and enjoy a moment of pure Canadian pride.
Image courtesy of Google Maps
- Canada 150 Skates Happening in Halton Hills
- Halton Hills Named Canada's Most Patriotic Town!
- Burlington, Milton Raising Flags for Good Cause as Part of Province-Wide Campaign
- Road Closures and Parking Restrictions During Oakville Tree Lighting Ceremonies
- Parking in Burlington is About to Get a Lot Cheaper