Snowfall Alert Now in Effect for Halton
Winter is here and it’s not letting up.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says residents might see snow tonight and early Wednesday morning. There’s also a risk of freezing rain late Wednesday morning, followed by strong winds and rain.
Environment Canada says a Colorado low will track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay Wednesday, bringing a dramatic change in weather with it.
There will be snow.
“A band of snow will move through the regions tonight with most areas getting 2 to 5 cm of snow except 5 to 10 cm snow near Lake Huron,” Environment Canada says.
“The snow will change over to rain near noon Wednesday or in the afternoon with the passage of a warm front. Risk of freezing rain is also possible during the transition.”
Fortunately, a brief thaw will arrive with temperatures soaring several degrees above freezing.
Strong southwesterly winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected later Wednesday.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek