Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Halton
Halton residents might have to face the first bout of wintery weather soon.
Environment Canada says that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, a wintry mix expected for the Thursday morning (Nov. 7) commute.
Environment Canada says a developing low-pressure system is expected to bring a messy mix of precipitation tonight that will persist into Thursday morning.
The precipitation is expected to begin as rain and then change over to light snow overnight or early Thursday morning.
Falling temperatures through the morning may also cause roads to become icy or slippery.
Residents are advised to prepare for hazardous driving conditions at times.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Will COVID-19 affect Halton house prices?
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating