Some Areas in Halton May Get Hit With More Snow Soon
Some areas in Halton may get hit with some more snow soon.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Burlington and Oakville as a result of a potentially significant snowfall.
The Environment Canada website notes that a significant snowfall is possible tomorrow (Feb. 17) and tomorrow night.
“Areas of heavy flurries off Lake Ontario are expected to develop Sunday morning and persist into the afternoon due to increasing northeast winds,” the weather statement reads.
This snowfall is mainly expected to impact the City of Hamilton, however, according to Environment Canada Oakville and Burlington, as well as other areas, may also be impacted.
“More widespread snow associated with an approaching low pressure system is then expected to move into the region early Sunday evening and persist into early Monday morning,” notes the statement. “The heaviest snowfall during this timeframe will likely be from Hamilton towards Niagara Falls.”
Approximately 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton