Some Pearson Airport Visitors Could Face Substantial Fines
If you plan on picking or dropping someone off at Pearson Airport, you might want to know that you could be subject to a hefty fine if you don't obey parking rules.
Pearson Airport recently said that, in order to curb the practice of roadside parking and keep the roads around the airport safe, the airport will begin issuing mobile payment notices on Sept. 5.
If you're parked on the roadsides leading into the terminals, a picture will be taken of your license plate and an invoice in the amount of $75.00 will be sent to your home address.
The airport is asking drivers to use its free cell phone lots instead.
"The objective of the mobile payment notice program is to encourage use of Toronto Pearson's free cell phone lots and to discourage the unsafe practice of parking on the roadsides around the terminals," the airport wrote on its website.
"Toronto Pearson's Cell Phone Lots are free, safe, short-term parking areas that accommodate a total of 266 vehicles. Here, you can conveniently wait for your party to arrive."
Photo courtesy of Pearson International Airport's official website
If you are parked in a lot, your vehicle must be attended at all times.
Drivers with electric vehicles should note that there are EV charging stations in Cell Phone Lot 2.
For more info on how to access the lots, click here.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Here's How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
- Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
- Will Pearson Airport Break its Busiest Day of the Year Record?
- Here's How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Vehicle Thefts on the Rise at Pearson International Airport