Some Severe Weather in Store for the Weekend
If you were planning to spend the majority of the weekend outdoors, you might want to take a few extra precautions.
Although Environment Canada is predicting a hot weekend, it is warning that thunderstorms are a possibility.
According to the weather agency, we can expect highs of 29 and 28 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, but thunderstorms are likely throughout the weekend.
There is a 60 per cent chance of lightning and showers today and a 60 per cent chance of showers or thundershowers tomorrow.
Temperatures will drop into the lower 20s throughout the week.
Stay dry, everyone!
UPDATE: A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued by Environment Canada at 1:43 p.m. on Saturday. Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton