Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Halton
It looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
Environment Canada recently announced a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, heavy downpours are expected in some areas.
"Areas of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the regions this afternoon and evening," Environment Canada writes.
"Torrential downpours will be associated with these storms. Some storms will be very slow moving which could result in highly localized rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm."
So if you plan on spending time outdoors this evening, be sure to take extra precautions and don't stray too far from shelter.
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Here's how much car insurance rates will be increasing in 2020