Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Halton
It looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
Environment Canada recently announced a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
According to the weather agency, heavy downpours are expected in some areas.
"Areas of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the regions this afternoon and evening," Environment Canada writes.
"Torrential downpours will be associated with these storms. Some storms will be very slow moving which could result in highly localized rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm."
So if you plan on spending time outdoors this evening, be sure to take extra precautions and don't stray too far from shelter.
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- A Big Change is on its Way to Starbucks Locations in Halton
- Part of QEW in Oakville Blocked Following Vehicle Fire
- Burlington is Celebrating a Special Anniversary With its Sister City in Japan
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington