Special Weather Statement in Effect for Halton
Don’t plan to spend too much time outdoors tonight, as you could get caught in some inclement weather.
As of 1:59 p.m. Environment Canada announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.
The weather agency says that “scattered robust” thunderstorms are in store for southern Ontario which could produce strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
The thunderstorms may be accompanied by localized heavy downpours yielding up to 40 mm of rain, wind gusts of 70 km/h, and one cm of hail.
Thunderstorms are expected to weaken early this evening.
If you’re caught in a thunderstorm this evening, head indoors as soon as possible. If you’re driving, exercise more caution.
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington
- Power Outage Affecting Oakville Residents This Morning