Special Weather Statement in Effect for Parts of Halton
A special weather statement is currently in effect for some parts of the Halton Region.
According to Environment Canada, freezing rain is likely to hit Milton and Halton Hills tomorrow morning (April 5).
The freezing rain could potentially last for several hours.
"Precipitation moving into Southern Ontario early Friday morning is likely to fall as freezing rain as temperatures are expected to be below freezing to start the day," reads the Environment Canada website. "The freezing rain could last for several hours before temperatures rise above the freezing mark."
Environment Canada is warning people that ice build-up is likely on elevated surfaces. In addition, untreated surfaces, including roads, walkways, etc., may also become icy.
This weather statement is also in effect for Caledon.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington