Special Weather Statement in Effect for the Halton Region
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the Halton Region.
The region is expected to see some snow and freezing rain tonight (Jan. 22) which will carry into Wednesday.
The Halton Region will only see approximately two to five cm of snow tonight which will change over to freezing rain later in the evening.
The freezing rain could last for several hours before changing over to rain on Wednesday. This will be followed by a brief thaw that will result in temperatures above the freezing point.
Strong southwesterly winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected on Wednesday.
According to Environment Canada, “A Colorado low will track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay Wednesday, bringing a dramatic change in weather with it.”
Freezing rain warnings, according to Environment Canada, may be required by tonight as this event draws closer.
We will provide updates as they become available.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court