Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Halton
It looks like some inclement weather is on tap and it will very likely affect driving conditions (ah, the joys of winter!).
This means you’ll either hibernate starting Monday, or gleefully grab those shovels which have been so, so lonely in the garage.
Or maybe you’re somewhere in between.
Widespread snowfall is on its way to Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.
A special weather statement was issued by Environoment Canada at 4:46 a.m.
“An Alberta Clipper low pressure area will sail across southern Ontario tonight into Tuesday,” reads the statement.
It’s expected to bring roughly five to 10 cm with it by Tuesday morning
The snow is likely to begin late Monday afternoon and taper off Tuesday morning.
“Although localized amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible, the snowfall warning criterion of 15 cm snow in 12 hours is not expected to be reached,” according to the federal agency.
Poor winter driving conditions are likely — untreated roads may become covered in snow and slippery.
Drive safe, everyone!
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 8 – 14
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington