Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
A winter storm is in the forecast for Halton.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says that significant snowfall, freezing rain or rain are possible on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (both day and night).
“Current indications suggest that precipitation associated with a Texas Low will move into the area early Wednesday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“The precipitation may begin as snow then change to rain or freezing rain or continue as snow. Total snowfall amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible in areas where the precipitation falls primarily as snow.”
Any change in the track could drastically change snowfall amounts and precipitation types.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 sparks rise in online child predators, says UNICEF chief