Speeding fines being increased in several spots around Halton Hills
Published August 31, 2023 at 10:54 am
Nearly a dozen new Community Safety Zones are coming to various communities in Halton Hills later this year.
Community Safety Zones are specific stretches of roads, marked with signs, where fines are doubled for speeding and other driving offences.
They are used as traffic calming measures near places like schools, parks, walking or biking trails and seniors’ centres.
A Town of Halton Hills staff report recommended to Council the following locations in Acton, Glen Williams and Georgetown to have CSZ’s incorporated:
- Acton Blvd. from Peel St. to Norman Ave.
- Queen St. from Eastern Ave. to Churchill Rd.
- Princess Anne Dr. between Charles St. and Grey Owl Run
- Charles St. between Princess Anne Dr. and Maple Ave.
- Weber Dr. between Delrex Blvd. and Sims Gate
- Rexway Dr. from Delrex Blvd. to Shelley St.
- Sinclair Ave. from Mountainview Rd. S. to Duncan Dr.
- Argyll Rd. from Eighth Line to Barber Dr.
- Barber Dr. between Argyll Rd. and Danby Rd.
- Main St. from Confederation St. to Prince St.
- Main St. from Mountain St. to Prince St.
The majority of the CSZ’s should be in operation before the end of the year.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising