Strong Weather Warning in Effect for Halton
Residents may want to stay inside to avoid getting caught up in some nasty weather today.
Environment Canada has issued a warning for strong winds, with gusts of 70 to 80 km/h expected to develop this afternoon and early this evening.
Thunderstorms are also expected to occur today, likely with even stronger wind gusts.
“These strong winds are associated with a cold front that will track over the area late this afternoon and early this evening,” the warning reads.
Northwest gusts of 60 or 70 km/h are also expected this evening after the cold front passes.
Winds will then diminish overnight, Environment Canada reports.
High winds can cause damage to buildings, including roofs and windows, and may toss loose objects into the air, causing potential damage or injury.
Residents are advised to be cautious and stay inside during storm conditions.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat