Strong Wind and Shoreline Warning Issued for Halton
A warning has been issued regarding a shoreline hazard that could potentially result in flooding or erosion today (Saturday, May 19).
According to Conservation Halton, strong shore-bound winds are expected throughout the day, with sustained winds between 25 and 40 km/hr and gusts of up to 50 km/hr occurring across western Lake Ontario.
Resulting wave heights of up to 1.5 metres are expected.
All residents are asked to keep a safe distance from locations close to the shoreline. Elevated water levels, high winds, and the potential for strong waves will continue to make these locations extremely dangerous.
Conservation Halton is continuing to monitor Lake Ontario wind conditions and lake levels closely, and will issue further notices as necessary.
- Strong Weather Warning Issued for Halton
- Conservation Halton Advising Residents to Exercise Caution Near Lake Ontario Shoreline
- Watershed Conditions Flood Outlook Statement Issued by Conservation Halton
- Residents Advised to Avoid These Areas during Snowstorm in Halton
- Strong Winds to Continue to Impact Halton