UPDATED: Sudden Closure At Popular Milton Beach
First high water levels, now this — a suspected algae bloom has closed a popular Milton destination.
Boating and swimming are closed, until further notice, at Kelso Beach.
Staff made the discovery the morning of Aug. 14 “and we are not sure at this time if there is a risk,” reads a statement.
All water-based activities at Kelso are temporarily shut down.
Staff are working with public health officials for more information and to decide if it’s necessary to remain closed.
An update will be provided as soon as more information is available.
Keep in mind, Bronte Beach Park in Oakville and Prospect Park Old Beach in Acton are currently the only safe locations to swim in Halton Region.
UPDATE: The beach has reopened as of Tuesday.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Justin Trudeau appears at campaign rally in Milton