UPDATED: Sudden Closure At Popular Milton Beach
First high water levels, now this — a suspected algae bloom has closed a popular Milton destination.
Boating and swimming are closed, until further notice, at Kelso Beach.
Staff made the discovery the morning of Aug. 14 “and we are not sure at this time if there is a risk,” reads a statement.
All water-based activities at Kelso are temporarily shut down.
Staff are working with public health officials for more information and to decide if it’s necessary to remain closed.
An update will be provided as soon as more information is available.
Keep in mind, Bronte Beach Park in Oakville and Prospect Park Old Beach in Acton are currently the only safe locations to swim in Halton Region.
UPDATE: The beach has reopened as of Tuesday.
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Police Seeking Assistance Identifying Break and Enter Suspects in Oakville
- Here’s What We Know About a New Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- Ontario Government Extending Beer Store and LCBO Hours in Halton