Summer business startup support for students in Burlington, Oakville, Milton
If you’re a student in Burlington, Oakville, Milton or Halton Hills with an idea for a summer business, Halton Region might be able to help.
The Summer Company program helps enterprising students between the ages of 15 and 29 start and run their own summer business. The Halton Region Small Business Centre coordinates the program locally, and delivers it with the support of experienced business advisors from the community.
The Summer Company program offers young entrepreneurs hands-on business training and mentoring, up to $1,500 in the spring to help with business start-up costs, and up to $1,500 upon successful completion of the program requirements.
To participate in the program, you must be:
- 15 to 29 years old (with parental authorization if you are under 18)
- a student in high school, college or university
- returning to school in the fall, after the program ends
- an Ontario resident and Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- not already running a business
- not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
Virtual information seminars for the program are being held Wednesday, April 13, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., and Wednesday, May 4, 3 to 4 p.m.
To register for either session, email [email protected].