Suspect Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
Halton Police have arrested a suspect after more than $20,000 worth of laptops were stolen in Oakville.
Dating back to April 2019, Halton Police have received ten reports of thefts regarding a suspect who was stealing laptops after breaking into office buildings across Oakville.
On numerous occasions, according to police, the suspect entered the building undetected and slipped away carrying several laptops.
Police say the thefts would be reported the following business day when workers realised their laptops were missing.
However, some of the office buildings were equipped with video surveillance which helped investigators identify the alleged thief as Kenneth Levy (32) of Mississauga.
Investigators used a variety of investigative techniques in order to track the suspect, who was staying at a hotel in Mississauga.
According to police, approximately $24,000 worth of laptops were stolen.
And on July 3, 2019, the suspect was placed under arrest exiting the hotel and found to be in possession of five laptops stolen the night before.
The accused was taken to the Oakville police station where he was held into custody pending a bail hearing.
Now investigators are attempting to identify exactly where the accused was unloading the stolen laptops in efforts to return stolen property to the rightful owners.
According to police, the accused is facing the following alleged charges.
- Break and enter commit theft
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of break-in instruments
- Fail to comply with probation order
Anyone with further information is asked to contact D/Cst. Matt Duncan of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2259.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- Suspect Sought After Woman’s Purse Stolen in Oakville
- Police looking for owners of stolen property in Oakville
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- UPDATE: Owner Reunited with Stolen Property Following Break and Enter Incident in Burlington