Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
Halton Police have arrested a suspect following Amazon packages being stolen from the front doors of residences in Burlington.
Between July 16 and July 18, 2019, Halton Police responded to several reports of packages being stolen from the front porch of local residences and replaced with empty boxes.
Police say the suspect responsible for the thefts was captured on CCTV and appeared to be operating a black Mercedes.
With the assistance of the public and social media, a person of interest was identified.
Police confirmed the identity of the suspect and arrested him on July 18, 2019.
According to police, Randy Potter (36) of Burlington was arrested and is facing the following alleged charges.
- 3 counts of theft under $5,000
- 1 count of fail to comply with probation
The accused was held for a bail hearing which took place on July 19, 2019.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to contact Detective Constable Colin Macleod of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 extension 2357.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police searching for missing Burlington man with medical conditions
- Opinion: Ford government exposes animals to more abuse
- Pedestrian fatally struck by transport truck in Oakville
- Must-Have Gifts Available at MUJI in Square One This Holiday Season
- Suspect Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Suspect Arrested Following Numerous Theft and Robbery Related Offences in Halton
- Suspect Arrested Following Oakville Stabbing
- Suspect Arrested Following Residential Break and Enters in Milton and Burlington