Suspect Arrested Following Human Trafficking Incident
The Halton Regional Police Service - Human Trafficking Unit has arrested a suspect following a human trafficking incident.
According to police, the male suspect exploited an adult female for sexual purposes.
However, on July 31, 2019, Everett Effah (30) of Toronto was arrested and is facing the following alleged charges.
- Trafficking in persons
- Receiving material benefit resulting from trafficking in persons
- Receiving material benefit from prostitution
- Exercise control
- Advertising sexual services
- Living off the avails of prostitution
- Procure to become a prostitute
- Assault with a weapon
- Sexual assault
- Possession of a controlled substance
Police say the investigation began after receiving information was brought forward by the victim.
The accused is currently being held in custody while awaiting a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Detective Dan Ciardullo (905-825-4747 X 5331) of the Halton Regional Police Service - Human Trafficking Unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Police investigating gunpoint bank robbery in Milton
- Georgetown school in hold and secure
- Six bank robberies since December leads to new Halton Police task force
- UPDATE: Deceased identified as 22-year-old woman from Burlington