Suspect Arrested Following Oakville Stabbing
Halton Police have arrested a suspect following a stabbing in the town of Oakville.
On Aug. 22, 2019, at approximately 5:50 p.m., police responded to a stabbing in a commercial plaza located on Cross Avenue.
The victim, an employee of a local business, suffered a knife wound from an unknown suspect.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he required surgery for the stab wound and has since been released.
Investigators believe that prior to the stabbing, the victim was involved in a road rage incident that may have been a catalyst to the violent assault.
Now, a suspect has been arrested.
On Aug. 29, 2019, police arrested Devan Dhindsa (19) of Oakville. The accused is facing the following alleged charges.
- Aggravated assault
- Assault with a weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
The accused was held pending a bail hearing on Aug. 30, 2019.
Anyone with information that would assist in this investigation is encouraged to contact Detective Constable Glenfield of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2263.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada