Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Oakville
Halton Police have arrested a suspect following a sexual assault incident that occurred in Oakville.
According to police, on June 18, 2019, at approximately 12:00 p.m., a lone female victim was walking through the trail system north of McCraney Street just east of Gaetan Gervais Elementary School.
During that time, she encountered a man who also walking along the trail.
Police say the man engaged the victim in conversation, while repeatedly mentioning the word 'money'.
The man then reached for the victim's hand, and pulled her towards him.
Police say, at this time, he hugged the victim and inappropriately touched her.
And, on July 3, 2019, Resham Singh Kooner (73) of Oakville, was arrested at his residence without incident, and held for a bail hearing.
The accused has been charged with alleged sexual assault, and alleged sexual interference.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this or similar incidents to contact the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit - Detective Sergeant Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965 or Detective Constable Kevin Hietikko at 905-465-8978.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- City Council passes mask bylaw for Burlington
- Arrests made in shooting near Walkers Line in Burlington
- Halton left out as most regions moving to Stage 3 of COVID-19 recovery
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Mysterious 'Ciao Roberto' arrives in Halton, looking for love?
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Sexual Assault Incident in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington