Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
One suspect has been arrested following a sexual assault investigation in Milton.
The investigation, which was conducted by the Halton Regional Police Service - Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit, led to the arrest of Cassandra (Cassie) Bell (31) of Milton.
The accused was arrested on April 26, 2019, and is facing the following alleged charges.
According to police, the alleged offences are said to have taken place between July 2018 and January 2019.
"It should be noted that the accused is employed at E.C. Drury School for the Deaf in Milton as an elementary school Educational Assistant," reads a Halton Police news release. "The alleged offences relate to a current student."
Anyone who has additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact D/Sgt. Chris Newcombe 905-465-8965 or Det. Keith Nakahara 905-465-8980 of the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit (C.A.S.A.).
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Oakville