Suspect Arrested for Fraud Offence in Burlington
Halton Police have arrested a suspect following a fraud offence incident in Burlington.
The suspect, a man from Ajax, was arrested and charged with alleged fraud stemming from a series of incidents in 2012.
The accused, Jamshid (James) Pournader (65) has been charged with one count of alleged fraud over $5,000.
According to police, the accused is associated with a company JSP Holdings and has acted as a 'financial representative' with access to investment services and products.
However, a victim came forward to police after her bank assisted with a review of her personal finances and investments.
Police say the loss to the victim is $212,000.
Police are reminding the public that financial advisors, mortgage brokers and insurance agents are all licenced and regulated by various provincial organizations.
"Your investments and purchases should be with a regulated financial institution and investors should regularly review their investments and statements," reads a press release.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Derek Gray of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau - Seniors Liaison Team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2344.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Halton police appeal to public after multiple drive-by shots fired in Oakville
- Some landlords choosing to evict commercial tenants rather than apply for government aid
- Three men from Halton, Peel charged in drug raid
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 709 total cases found in Halton
- Burlington Man Charged Following Investment Fraud Investigation
- Police Arrest and Charge Two Personal Support Workers Following Alleged Financial Offences
- Police Seeking Fraud Suspect Accused of Targeting Multiple Victims in Milton
- Suspect Facing Charges Following Kijiji Fraud Investigation
- Additional Charges Laid Against Personal Support Worker in Burlington