Suspect Arrested in Burlington Following Pursuit and Robbery Attempts
A suspect has been arrested in Burlington following a pursuit and robbery attempts.
On Aug. 27, 2019, just before 12:00 a.m., Halton Police attempted to stop a vehicle whose driver they believed was wanted for several criminal code offences.
According to police, the suspect fled and a brief pursuit was initiated in the area of Queensway Drive in Burlington.
Due to the dangerous manner in which the driver was operating the vehicle, the pursuit was terminated by police.
Later, police saw the vehicle again in the area of Harvester Road and South Service Road in Burlington.
A tire deflation device was deployed, however the driver was able to evade it.
A short time later, the suspect went to a car dealership and tried to rob an employee of his personal vehicle. This attempt was not successful and the suspect fled in his vehicle.
The suspect drove in the wrong direction onto the QEW exit ramp at Walkers Line, and was involved in a minor collision.
The suspect fled the scene of the collision on foot and went to a nearby hotel.
According to police, the suspect approached an employee of the hotel and demanded their personal vehicle keys. After obtaining the keys, the suspect again fled the scene on foot.
K9 and uniform officers searched the area and after a lengthy track, located the suspect concealed in a bushed area.
As a result, Nathan Howes (29) of Brantford is facing the following alleged charges:
- Flight from police
- Dangerous operation
- Fail to comply with recognizance (x3)
- Robbery (x2)
- Failure to stop after accident
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing on Aug. 28, 2019 in Milton.
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- Traffic stop leads to assault with weapon charge in Oakville
- Suspects arrested after carjacking attempts in Oakville and Milton
- What's open and closed Canada Day in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police arrest suspect in Milton gunpoint bank robbery
- Police Hunt Suspect After Break-In, High-Speed Chase in Milton
- One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton
- Suspect Arrested Following Bank Robbery in Burlington