Suspect Charged After Purse Theft from Senior in Burlington
A 29-year-old Hamilton woman is facing charges after a senior’s purse was stolen in Burlington and Halton police are looking for her alleged accomplice.
The incident took place on March 1.
That’s when the victim had her handbag stolen from the back of a chair outside of the Starbucks at Mapleview Mall.
The suspects then began fraudulently using her credit cards at several stores in the area, say police.
An arrest was made on April 4.
Natasha Hoadley is charged with theft under $5,000, two counts of fraud under $5,000, two counts of unauthorized use of a credit card, and possession of property obtained by crime.
She was held for bail.
The second suspect is described as black, standing 6-foot-2, weighing 170 pound with a thin build.
He had long black hair in dreadlocks.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents or other purse thefts is asked to contact Det.-Const. Derek Gray of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau - vulnerable persons and seniors liaison team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2344.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Police are reminding residents to keep a close eye on their purses and wallets.
Residents should be aware of their surroundings and be alert for distraction type thefts when shopping in the grocery stores, malls and other retail business.
Residents are reminded to only carry the necessary identification such as a driver’s licence or health card, and should try to minimize this potential loss by leaving their SIN card, birth certificate and passports securely at home.
If you become a victim of a purse or wallet theft, here’s what to do: Contact your bank, cancel your cards, and then call police to file a report.
(Source: Halton Regional Police)
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Victim of Burlington Shooting Identified As EMS Dispatcher
- Heavy Police Presence in Burlington Due to Active Investigation
- Heavy Police Presence Following Shooting In Burlington
- Female Pronounced Dead Following Shooting In Burlington
- Woman Charged in Oakville and Burlington Purse Thefts
- Burlington Purse Thief Suspect Charged
- Suspected Purse Thieves Targeting Women in Oakville and Burlington
- Police Nab Alleged Purse Thieves Targeting Women in Oakville and Burlington
- Woman Arrested in Connection with String of Purse Thefts in Burlington