Suspect Charged After Vehicle Stolen at Milton Gas Station
A Toronto man is facing charges after a car was stolen from a gas station in Milton.
The incident took place on Aug. 22 at 12:50 p.m.
The owner of a vehicle stopped for gas along Guelph Line.
After paying for fuel, the owner returned to the gas pumps and saw a man driving away in his car, say Halton police.
A patrol officer spotted the vehicle travelling eastbound on Hwy. 401.
The vehicle was followed to a parking lot on Steeles Ave. in Milton, where the driver was arrested without incident.
Robert Barte, 38, is charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime and driving while under suspension.
He’s scheduled to appear in Milton court today.
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Milton Man Charged in Relation to Stolen Limousine
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Man With Suspended Licence Nabbed Driving Stolen Car in Milton
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville