Suspect Charged Following Burlington Shooting
A suspect has been charged following the recent shooting that occured in the city of Burlington.
Shortly after 3:00 p.m. yesterday (August 21), Halton Police received a call from within a residence at 2244 No. 2 Side Road in Burlington regarding a shooting at that location.
A woman, who has since been identified as Laura Grant (57), a Mississauga Central Ambulance Communication Centre dispatcher, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Now, homicide detectives with Halton Police have laid charges in relation to the incident.
Kenneth Soederhuysen (57) of Burlington has been charged with alleged first degree murder.
The accused will appear in Milton court on Aug. 22, 2019.
According to police, the accused and the victim were married at the time of the incident, and both resided at 2244 No. 2 Side Road.
Police are advising anyone with additional information regarding this incident and/or investigation to call the Halton Regional Police Service Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19