Suspect Charged in Burlington Sex Assault
A Dundas, Ont. man is facing charges in connection with a Burlington sex assault.
A female resident “communicated electronically with a male” via an online dating website on Jan. 10, say Halton police.
The man later attended the woman's home in Burlington and sexually assaulted her, police allege, and in addition, he stole several electronics.
The man was identified by the child abuse and sexual assault bureau and arrested on Jan. 15.
Darrell Jason Turnock, 36, is charged with sexual assault and theft of property - over $5,000.
He was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 7.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Werner in the child abuse and sexual assault unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 8747.
Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Know Something -- Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Police investigating robbery of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Medical Practitioner Charged with Sexual Assault in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- Teacher From Oakville Facing Sex Assault Charges at Milton School