Suspect Sought After Credit Card Stolen From Elderly Woman in Burlington
Halton Police are searching for a suspect after a credit card was stolen from an elderly woman in Burlington.
According to police, on May 17, 2019, a male suspect went to the LCBO and the Longo’s Store located on Fairview Street.
The man shoulder-surfed an elderly female victim and obtained her credit card PIN’s.
According to police, while in the parking lot, the same male, or possibly another person, distracted the victim with “found cash” and stole her credit cards.
The man, and one other known person, used the victim’s credit card at banks and retail locations.
If you have any information pertaining to this incident, contact D/C Derek Gray, Elder Abuse and Financial crimes, 905-825-4747 ext 2344 or derek [dot] gray [at] haltonpolice [dot] ca. Or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Police Searching For 3 Suspects Wanted For Credit Card Theft in Burlington
- Halton Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Pick Pocket Incident in Burlington With Elderly Victim
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Oakville Suspect Charged Following Fraudulent Credit Card Investigation
- Police Seeking Credit Card Thieves Following Wild Shopping Spree in Burlington