Suspect Sought After Fleeing From Crash in Oakville
Halton Police are seeking the public's assistance in regards to a vehicle collision investigation.
Yesterday (Feb. 26, 2019) around 7:04 p.m., Halton Police were dispatched to a two-vehicle collision.
The collision, according to police, occurred on Kerr Street, just north of the QEW in Oakville.
Once police got to the scene it was discovered that the driver of a Black Lexus SUV had fled.
The vehicle in question was involved in the collision.
Police allege the Lexus SUV was travelling south on Kerr Street, when for reasons unknown, it lost control, struck a traffic sign, crossed over the centre concrete median, and struck a northbound Black Mazda SUV.
Police also allege the Lexus SUV continued on for about 50 meters, exiting the roadway and coming to rest at the tree line on the east side of Kerr Street adjacent to the embankment of 16 Mile Creek.
Luckily, the occupants of the Black Mazda, an 18-year-old female and a 13-year-old male, sustained no physical injuries from the collision.
The collision is still being investigated by the 2 District Response Team in an attempt to identify the driver of the Lexus SUV.
Halton Police is asking any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident and/or anyone with dash cam video and/or cell phone video that may have captured the area of Kerr Street/North Service Road (between Wyecroft Road and Dorval Drive) between the times of 6:55 pm and 7:10 pm on February 26, 2019 to contact Cst. Marc Taraso at 905-825-4747 ext 2256.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Winter weather to impact morning commute in Halton
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- UPDATE: One Male Dead Following Head-On Collision in Halton Hills
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- ROAD CLOSURES: Halton Police on Scene Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Collision in Halton Hills
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Motorcycle Collision In Oakville
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision In Oakville