Suspect Sought After Theft in Oakville
An Oakville theft and fraud suspect is being sought and Halton police are asking the public to help identify him.
The incident took place on Oct. 25 in the early morning.
A vehicle was entered in a residential neighbourhood near Dundas St. and Eighth Line and several items - including a debit card - were stolen.
The bank card was later used at several gas stations in Mississauga, say police.
Investigators have obtained video footage, and images of the suspect are being released so the public can tell police who the man is.
The suspect is described as white between 20-to-30-years-old. He has light brown/blonde hair and was wearing a dark coat.
The man has “distinguishable” tattoos across his fingers on his left hand, say investigators.
Police are reminding residents of the following tips:
- Ensure your unattended vehicle(s) are kept locked/secure.
- Never leave personal identification or valuables in your vehicle.
- Park in a well-lit and attended areas whenever possible.
- Never leave spare keys in your vehicle.
- If you have to leave valuables in your vehicle, lock them in your trunk (do not tempt thieves by leaving packages or purses in plain view or on the seat).
- Remove garage door openers, GPS navigation and cell phone devices and power cords from view when not in your vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Bingham of the 2 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2216.
Tips can also be sent by contacting Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Youth charged with attempted murder in attack on elderly Oakville resident
- Police Investigating a Rash of Overnight Theft from Cars in Burlington
- Thieves are Targeting Specific Streets in Burlington
- Suspect Charged in Car Break-Ins at a Mall in Burlington
- Suspect Charged Following Series of Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- VIDEO: Suspected Prowler Targeting Specific Street in Burlington