Suspected Burlington Gym Locker Thief Charged
An Ancaster, Ont. man is facing charges after allegedly stealing from lockers at two gyms in Burlington.
Seven reports came in between Feb. 16 and March 9, say Halton police.
Property was stolen from two GoodLife Fitness locations in the city.
A search warrant was executed and investigators seized clothing, identification, gift cards and Presto cards.
Michael Aaron Jardine, 27, is charged with seven counts of theft under $5,000; three counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; eight counts of fail to comply with probation.
Jardine was released on bail.
He’s scheduled to appear in Milton court on April 18.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to contact Det.-Const. Dave Nagy of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau-commercial crime team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2347.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers